We are proud to present Visitory's newest addition – the Digital Marketing Report!
Tourism marketing has developed significantly in recent years, and digital marketing has taken a central position in the marketing strategies of tourism organizations. The growth of digital marketing has been remarkable, and more and more tourism organizations are investing a large part of their marketing budget in digital marketing. Social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are popular channels for reaching the target audience, and the growth of online shopping has created new opportunities for digital sales.
The main contents of the report
The report provides an in-depth look at the state of digital marketing in the tourism organization. Here are some key contents:
1. Impressions: The report includes the people reached in different channels both organically and paid. In this section, it is easy to compare the success of different channels and the differences between organic and paid advertising. At the same time, you can see impressions from several years, so you can also study how your marketing has developed in the light of history.
2. Engagement: Engagement measures all the actions that targeted users have taken on different social media channels. Engagement is one of the most important metrics, as these users are potential customers. You can also now easily compare engagement between different channels and in the light of history.
3. Clicks: Clicks almost invariably lead to the area's marketing site. Clicks are strongly correlated with visits to the marketing website. So now you can easily compare different social media channels with each other, and see which channel generates the most visits to your marketing website.
4. Money usage: Money usage metrics are the most important section of the report. Cpc (=cost per click), cpm (=cost per 1000 impressions), ctr (=click rate) and total costs are used as measures of the use of money. All of your organization's paid social media advertising can now be found in the same table, making budgeting easier than ever.
5. Visits to the marketing website: Visits to the marketing website tells you which countries and cities your visitors to the marketing website are coming from. These visitors are all potential customers, and often visits to the marketing website are strongly correlated with overnight stays in the area. We recommend comparing these statistics with each other.
The report can be aggregated as usual, and you can view any period of time easily. Daily digital marketing data is also available in Visitory Dashboard.
It seems that the role of digital marketing will continue to grow in tourism organizations and in the future, tourism organizations will have to be even more creative and innovative to reach their audiences on digital platforms. Tourism organizations must also continue investing in data analytics and monitor market changes closely.
While the findings of the new digital marketing report are fascinating, it's important to remember that the industry is evolving rapidly. Continuous learning and adapting to new trends are key to ensuring successful digital marketing. We consider it important that the Visitory report contains all the essential information needed in the world of digital marketing. In addition to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Linkedin, Google's website and advertising data is already available in our current version.
The entire marketing community can benefit from this new report and the deep understanding it provides of the state of digital marketing. It will be interesting to see how these trends develop and how tourism organizations in the Nordic countries implement them in their strategies. Let's continue the discussion and sharing of information so that digital marketing can continue its successful growth. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to have the digital marketing report in your area.